You hear this phrase a lot among international travelers and see it a lot in comments online. “Why didn’t anyone tell me that?”
In a way this blog started out as a way for me to give people a heads up on things they needed to know before they went traveling around the world. I had been on the road for three of the past four years before I got a real job and had a kid, so I had learned plenty along the way. Eventually I put out a book then another, got articles published, and started getting quoted a lot in the media for my advice.
Today I write more about traveling well for less and living abroad, but a lot of my readers are still those first-time round-the-world travelers getting ready for the big journey. Last year I compiled some of the best preparation columns from here and put them into an e-book that was included in the Paradise Pack.
People who didn’t buy that bundle never had a chance to get it though. After getting some good feedback from those who did, I’ve decided to release it commercially. You can get a Kindle version from Amazon or a PDF version from Gumroad. It’s on sale right now for a buck off, but it will eventually settle on the price of $4.99. I figure if this 52-page book isn’t worth what you probably earn in 15 minutes or less, the price of a craft beer, then I’m a pretty lousy advice giver.
Or a PDF at Gumroad
I Want It Now!
– How getting creative with your flight options can save hundreds of dollars
– How to plan the perfect round-the-world trip
– Useful travel gear that won’t cost a bundle
– How to prepare for onward ticket requirements
– How to get the best deal on adventure tours
– Where the cheap travel clusters are around the world
– Which costs get drastically cheaper when you leave your own country
– Which unexpected expenses to factor in for your trip around the world
– How to tackle the three biggest travel budget killers
– How to make money when traveling or living abroad
– Why most friends aren’t going to get your long-term travel plans
– How to find a place to stay for a month or more
– Which countries are the best for putting down roots cheaply
Interested? Click the links above for a kindle version or PDF of Why Didn’t Anyone Tell Me That?!