It’s time for the new issue of Perceptive Travel, home to the best travel stories from wandering book authors.
This month we’ve got another eclectic batch from multiple continents, plus some reviews of travel books and world music.
Jillian Dickens makes her debut with a tale about her own olive tree in Italy. Becky Garrison contrasts two sides of the Jordan River in Israel and Jordan. And I travel to Las Vegas to find out if a cheapskate from the 99 percent can still find joy in a place increasingly marketing to the remaining 1 percent. (Hint, it helps if you surf for Vegas discounts, go mid-week, and gamble downtown instead of on the strip.)
This month our gear giveaway is a pair of Ecco hiking boots with Gore-tex, retailing for over $200. The only way to get a shot at them is to be a newsletter subscriber or a follower on Facebook. See how to do both, and see a picture of the boots, on the Perceptive Travel home page.
Have you seen our new blog design over there? It’s a pretty snazzy new suit we’ve put on in celebration of the blog’s 4th anniversary. Go check it out: Perceptive Travel Blog.